The iGEM Foundation: An organization that is dedicated to education and competition, advancement of synthetic biology, and the development of open community and collaboration.
- iGEM is one of the largest driving factors of the synthetic biology movement in the world. Through their annual international competition they have started nurturing the future leaders of synthetic biology.
Parts Catalog: A repository of modular parts for building genetic circuits.
- These are parts that have been designed by the army of iGEM teams that are free and open to the public. They are meant to be combined in novel ways to produce novel functions.
OpenWetWare: the largest wiki in the world dedicated to synthetic biology.
- OpenWetWare is the wiki that the growing synthetic biology movement uses to share different resources it creates, from courses to protocols. Use OpenWetWare to gain technical knowledge and skill sets for use in the lab.
The BioBrick Foundation: An organization dedicated to ensuring that the engineering of biology is conducted in an open and ethical manner to benefit all people and the planet.
- The BioBrick Foundation works in the areas of Technology, Law, Education, and the Global Community through technical programs, educational programs, and conference series. They are the world leader in developing and promoting technical standards for synthetic biological parts.
- Syntheticbiology.org is an aggregation site for synthetic biology. It includes lists and links of different discussions, initiatives, projects, contributors and more.
BioCoder: The newsletter of the biological revolution
- Biocoder features articles about interesting projects and experiments, tools, DIY Bio laboratories, and more. It’s the product of a sharing community of scientists that stretches from grade school to post docs and university faculty.